HS2 in the House of Commons
- Supported by all main parties:-
- Liberal Democrats
- Scottish Nationalists
- The same alliance whose Remain campaign statements and predictions have proved so inaccurate.
- Only about 40 MPs voted against the Bill.
- Concerns at HS2 conduct at Commons Select Committee on HS2:-
- Nicholas watched the Select Committee at work for several days.
- Nicholas addressed the Committee on 17 March 2015 and said:-
“HS2’s evidence, arguments and conduct in these proceedings fall far short of what one would expect from such an important public body. This would not be accepted in a court. Nor in a planning appeal. Nor in any company seeking to raise money on the Stock Exchange. This should not be allowed in these important proceedings.”
- For video of this Hearing, click here
- Public Accounts Committee concerns in Report issued 14 September 2016:-
- “We are not convinced that the timetable for delivering HS2 is realistic”.
- “The Department does not have a clear enough picture of the estimated costs for Phase 2.”
- For link to the full Report, click here.....